Re: [NTLK] Why not maximize your Newton experience? {re: using earlier models}

From: Mike R. Manzano (alephx01_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Aug 02 2004 - 09:55:19 PDT

On Aug 2, 2004, at 7:52 AM, b a silver wrote:

> Do really think ANY Newton use is about maximizing your functionality?

I'll have to say yes to that, because that's the only reason I use my
Newton - it fits the bill.

> There are much better Palms, Clies, ,PocketPCs, and even cell phones
> for that. I

I'll have to disagree with that.

> It isn't about money. I like making old things work. I just picked up
> an MP100, my

I suppose everyone has their reasons.

> Anyway, right now, I like the form factor of the old MP100
> over-and-above the 2x00 series - smaller, and almost identical to the
> Palm IIIs, albeit bigger. In fact, the flat stylus of the MP100
> reinforces the perception that it is a remedial Palm - something you
> use in kindergarten.

Well, I have to admit I do like the form factor of the older Newtons a
bit better. Reminded my of a big Star Trek communicator, especially the
ones with the flip covers.

But anyway, I'm sure people have their reasons for not upgrading to an
MP2k, just like I have my reasons for not "upgrading" to a Palm.

Mike R. Manzano - alephx01 (at) mac (dot) com

"It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit.
Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was running to go fight in
another fight, away from the first fight." -- Jack Handey