Re: [NTLK] Eckhart's LPR Driver - How to get IP of Printer?

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net)
Date: Thu Apr 29 2004 - 13:49:18 PDT

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 16:29:30 -0400, Dave Abramowitz wrote:
> Obviously I
> can get the IPs of my Macs and PCs, but it's the 5MP that I need. And
> yes I can print via IR, but wireless would be even nicer...

I might be thinking to complicated here, but one way of doing this is
netstat. You need a large print job running, or maybe play aroung with
Print Center, refreshing the queue status to generate network traffic
to the printer. To get the IP address, open terminal, and then type

netstat -n | grep tcp4

The fifth column shows you the remote peers the Mac is talking to. If
the base station is handing out the IP addresses, the peer address is
similar to your Mac's address (probably something in the 10.0... range).

Eckhart