Re: [NTLK] Connecting to MP2100 with Lucent Silver

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Thu Apr 29 2004 - 12:32:51 PDT

Aux environs du 29/04/04 à 19:48 +0200, sous le titre "Re: [NTLK]
Connecting to MP2100 with Lucent Silver", David Neale prit sa plus
belle plume pour écrire les mots suivants:
>The lights of the Lucent flash.

This means you cannot join the network because:
- the card is not compatible with the base station's settings
and/or
- the Newton is not configured properly

>I have an Airport base station.

Which version?

I suggest turing off security of your base station until you register
Hiroshi's driver (I'm not sure whether it works or not when off). You
do this from the Airport Admin Utility.

Configure your Lucent in Infrastructure mode (as it was suggested).
Uncheck WEP (this is security).

Try AppleTalk. The lights should not flash. However, AppleTalk and
Escale will not work with Extreme base station. NCU will work, though.

Once you'll have got this working, we could guide you through:
- how to setup your Newton for Internet and/or TCP/IP access to Escale.
- how to setup the Newton for an encrypted network.
- how to restrict your base station to your iBook and your Newton.

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS/NewtonOS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/