[NTLK] NewtCard and NS Basic

From: David Neale (david.neale_at_pandora.be)
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 15:18:41 PDT

As an old HyperCard addict (now using SuperCard, but still experiencing
withdrawal symptoms), I was intrigued to find NewtCard today. Looks
good from the sales blurb (of course) and even the demo stack provokes
interest. The price is pretty hefty, however, ($99.99 -- why not a nice
round $100 for heaven's sake?), so I'd like to know if anyone has
experience with the product.

Also, it seems that in order to do any decent programming, NS Basic
would also be required -- another $100 hole in the bank account. So if
anyone does use NewtCard, is NS Basic necessary, or is the built-in
scripting language (if there is one) sufficient?

David