Re: [NTLK] LPR Printer Driver Success!

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net)
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 11:18:56 PDT

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 20:16:40 +0200, Paul Guyot wrote:
> I'd be happy to hear about someone succeeding with CUPS on MacOS X.
> I've tried a lot of things and while CUPS does eat the job through
> its lpd emulation layer, it doesn't seem to print anything.

The CUPS lpd does indeed have a problem with zero length files (there
is an error message indicating that in /var/log/syslog). I patched that
and followed the instructions here:

http://www.aplawrence.com/MacOSX/macosxcupstofile.html

One important thing which is still broken is that the print job doesn't
go into the right queue. If there is only one printer set up in CUPS,
that's however not a problem.

The patch to the cups-lpd is quite simple, the function recv_print_job
in scheduler/cups-lpd.c needs to be fixed so that it reads incoming
data until no more data is available instead of using the amount of
bytes given.

Eckhart