[NTLK] My Newton progress

From: ccsccs7 (ccsccs7_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 27 2004 - 01:06:53 PDT

Well, I just got this Newton a few weeks ago. I thought I'd let everyone
know where I am. I can use my cell phone as a modem to dial in to my
ISP. I can also connect using my cell providers high speed access. I've
finally been able to connect with WiFi (no WEP) and (thanks to the WiFi
connection) was able to sync with my iBook using Escale (although it
didn't seem do anything, but packages could be installed; NewtSync on
the other had purportedly gave the Newton "bad data" when trying to
establish the connection — just my experience, no bad mouthing or
anything.) I must say though, that my Newton seems to crash/become
unuseful more often than any kind of hand held device I've ever had.
LOL. I've probably just installed too much stuff on there and haven't
figured out how to manage the memory properly.

I was able to browse my iBook's hard drive packages. Is that cool or
what!? I'm going to have to consider more seriously developing some time
to learning how to develop for this cool Green™. (Now if I could just
get that 3Com bluetooth card to work.)

To you developers out there: keep up the good work, I know it's not
easy, but I appreciate it.

Oh, my Newton has an inventory sticker. Does that mean it came from a
corporate past?

Cedric