Re: [NTLK] So Definately no NCU through AppleTalk in 10.3 then?

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Mon Apr 26 2004 - 21:22:49 PDT

Aux environs du 26/04/04 à 23:00 +0100, sous le titre "Re: [NTLK] So
Definately no NCU through AppleTalk in 10", Ronan Donohoe prit sa
plus belle plume pour écrire les mots suivants:
>On 26 Apr 2004, at 18:42, Paul Guyot wrote:
>

>> Did you restart Classic as I suggested?
>>
>Yeah, did restart Classic, followed your instructions exactly and
>within the 4 hours of rebooting, resetting, reconnecting etc. only
>managed to get a connection on 2 occasions. (Got a pic to prove it
>http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~beavis/connected.jpg)

A main difference between MacOS 9 and MacOS X is that MacOS X
disables its stacks whenever there is nothing on the other side. I
guess you imagine what the nightmare it is for us developers dealing
with MacOS X when users come and complain it doesn't work. It is
often difficult for us to figure out what failed, especially
considering that most of the time we do use a router ourselves.

While connecting without a router or a hub is doable, it is quite
difficult, especially when you don't have any feedback on the actual
state of the network stacks (this is also why Escale has little
widgets telling you that the interfaces are up).

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS/NewtonOS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/