Re: [NTLK] So Definately no NCU through AppleTalk in 10.3 then?

From: flying canoe (peter_at_flyingcanoe.com)
Date: Mon Apr 26 2004 - 05:45:55 PDT

on 27/04/2004 12:01 AM, Ronan Donohoe at ronan1977_at_eircom.net wrote:

> OSX side:
> AppleTalk is turned on both in the Systems
> Prefs>Network>Built-in-Ethernet AND in the Directory Access Utility.
>
> Classic side:
> In NCU (ver 1.0) preferences AppleTalk checkbox is ticked
> In the Chooser, trying to turn on AppleTalk gives the following error
> "AppleTalk cannot be opened" and "To turn on AppleTalk, open Network
> preferences and click AppleTalk".
> But ....THERE IS NO Network Preferences OR AppleTalk CONTROL PANEL
> AVAILABLE IN CLASSIC (on this Mac anyway).

Ok, I have seen this error on an OS X box where the user was trying to turn
on appletalk in classic in order to choose laserwriter 8 so they could
produce a .ps file from Quirk 4.1.

The computer was in a standalone situation and I solved the error by
connecting an ethernet switch to the G4 and also elevating the internal
modem above the ethernet port in the network port configurations.

FWIW

             * * * * * * * * *
             peter rhodes

             flying canoe ltd