Re: [NTLK] SE p800/900 (was Newton Web Browsers)

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_telebyte.nl)
Date: Mon Apr 26 2004 - 01:21:36 PDT

On 26-apr-04, at 03:26, David Arnold wrote:
> i haven't found it "_terrible_" -- while it's much faster to recognise
> individual characters than the mp2k, i think the overall entry speed
> is slower. having to move around the entry area to change from lower
> case to upper case to numbers also slows things down. and my accuracy
> is probably slightly lower than when using the newt.

Yeah, I remember Grafitti from my 100 days, since the 100 was horrible
to use with other languages. I got fast but never liked it...

> the real difference is the general OS UI. Newton OS is so much better
> as a handheld user interface than Symbian/UIQ, imo.

And which doesn't cease to amaze me, if you set out to design a
handheld OS, don't you check what's been done so far?
And with all the prizes the Newton OS won you can't really miss it, but
it looks like they just don't get it.

Robert Benschop