Re: [NTLK] DCL (was Newton Book or Newton Paperback, which is better)

From: Nicolas Zinovieff (krugazor_at_free.fr)
Date: Fri Apr 23 2004 - 05:21:58 PDT

On 23 Apr 2004, at 13:37, Robert Benschop wrote:

> O.K., I went to
> http://www.kallisys.com/files/newton/DCL/nightlies/celebrimbor/ to
> download the nightly build and I get a folder with Docs in Perfect
> English and a lot of other stuff I don't have the first idea what to do
> with.
> So did I download the wrong stuff?

Nope :)
When I talked about French documentation, I meant the *code*
documentation. Don't you worry :)

> Please Nicolas and/or Paul, explain to me (somebody who has never
> compiled a package on his life so far and I have the feeling that goes
> for a lot of us on this list) what to do...

First, you'll need Apple's Developer Tools (updated today to 1.2)
Well there's the easy way, and the very easy way. You'll never learn
about the hard way ;)
The easy way is to get jam (using the darwinports for example:
darwinports.opendarwin.org), to open a terminal, move to the directory
of the product you want to build and type 'jam'. There you go.
The very easy way is to get the XCode project, open it, select the
product you want to build (say Escale (release) )and click on "build"
or "build and run".

> And links to stuff that should be translated would be appreciated as
> well.

If you open the project in Xcode, take a look at the code. The doxygen
documentation is in english but there are still some pockets of french
comments resisting...

--
Nicolas