Re: [NTLK] [OT] Quicktime (now Macos comaptibility)

From: David Ensteness (denstene_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Apr 20 2004 - 10:58:37 PDT

>> Without hacking the system the maximum OS for each processor is:
>>
>> 68000 7.1 (?)
> Don't know can't remember, but I think for some reason 7.5.5 will work.

Yes you are correct, it was my mistake.

>> 68030 7.6.1
> No, 8.1 will run on some 030's as long as the have the 32bit clean
> roms.

Not true, 7.6 will only run on '030s that are 32bit clean, those that
are not must run 7.5.5.

>> PowerPC 601/603/604 9.1
> google for Xpostfacto.

Which is a manner of hacking the system which I noted I was not
including in my list. You can also use a 3rd party system hack to run
7.6 on non-32bit clean systems as was noted by another list member.

>> Paid upgrades are as follows: 7.0
> Only at 7.5.3 did apple start charging

You might be right there ... I can't recall if 7.1 ["System 7 Pro"] was
charged for or not. I know that 7.6 was charged for and it was not the
first.

David