Re: [NTLK] [OT] Quicktime (now odd computers)

From: Richard Kilpatrick (dmc12_at_btconnect.com)
Date: Tue Apr 20 2004 - 03:31:54 PDT

On 20 Apr 2004, at 10:12, John wrote:

> On Apr 19, 2004, at 11:36 AM, David Ensteness wrote:
>
>> Stop tempting me ... I loved that Mac but I have at home right now:
>>
>> BW G3 400 running 10.3 Server

> My list would be:

> (yeah, I need a few more.......)
> I got a whole list of stuff I'd love to have, including a TAM, a NeXT
> cube, a G4 Cube, Amiga 4000, and now one of those DEC Alpha's!

Nice collection!

Off the top of my head, without digging in cupboards - my Mac
collection is now shamefully small :/

G5 dual 2.0GHz (2.5Gb RAM, 160Gb HD (Standard), RME Hammerfall audio)
running Panther/X11
PowerBook G4 12" running Panther
Mac Colour Classic (Mystic) running 7.5.5 (no hardware mods! Can go
right back to CC if I want)
Mac Classic II running whatever is on it.
Mac Classic running nothing on account of being dead.
Mac Plus x 3
Atari 800 awaiting eBay
Atari XEVGS
Atari 1040STE with 4Mb and Spectre GCR Mac emulator
Amiga 500
Amiga 500 Plus with A570 CD-ROM
Amiga 600HD
Acorns - BBC Bs, B+ 128K, Master 128, Master Turbo (4Mhz 65C102 instead
of 2MHz 65C02), Master 512 (80186 co-processor, runs GEM), Master AIV
(Turbo plus SCS, Domesday, Laserdisc machine), ABC shell, ABC-210
(NMS32016 co-processor), ABC-310 (Intel 80286 coprocessor, never
released), various RiscOS machines from A310 to RiscPC 700.
Dell P410 dual PIII
eMate (soon to have full RAM)
Upgraded MP2100
OMP on the way
Various consoles - Jaguar, Lynx II, Dreamcast, PS2 with Linux kit,
SNES, N64

Past highlights include a Rev. 6 BeBox dual 66MHz (not so common in the
UK, mine was one of 7 officially imported), but I sold it when PR
releases got so slow I couldn't work with the machine anymore. DR8.1
was lovely. Wish I'd kept that machine; NeXT Turbo Colours, several of,
Mac Portable (hell, any Mac you care to mention pre 1991), and a Lisa.
But then again, I am an incurable collector of anything and everything.

Richard

--
Tasty Other - Because Far Too Much in Life Makes Sense
Music for download - coming soon (RIP MP3.com)