Re: [NTLK] Problem Installing NCU

From: David Neale (david.neale_at_pandora.be)
Date: Tue Apr 20 2004 - 00:34:10 PDT

I'm also new to this Newton thing.

Installing NCU under 10.3.3 was no problem at all, but from then on the
thing is a nightmare. AppleTalk just won't communicate, heck, it's hard
enough to get the thing activated (and, no, I'm not prepared to start
up in Classic in order to do this). After over 30 years in computing
and banging together all sorts of hardware and software, trying to get
a MessagePad to communicate with an iBook has to be about the most
frustrating challenge! Unbelievable that something that should be so
simple is so difficult.

Jory, let me know how you intend to get connected via the Airport --
that sounds like a far more sensible setup that having to stick a cable
between the machines. Direct email to me is fine.

David