Re: [NTLK] 2 slot PCMCIA eMate

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Mon Apr 19 2004 - 02:17:32 PDT

"The ROM of the MP2x00 expects to have four PCMCIA slots but realizes
it only has two. I don't think it is different with the ROM of the eMate."

- Thank you, Paul, this answers nicely a question that I'd asked so often
on this board since I'd seen those N2 documents at UNNA and one
Newton-developer interview (links on the wish-page
http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/AdditionalPcmciaPorts) that
everybody probably got extremely bored by the words "PCMCIA", "slots" and
"more". An answer at last - and one with good news, too!

Now I need only to find a kind soul to explain to me what Cirrus Logic and
Apple might have meant by "cascadeable" regarding the Voyager chipset (ref.
above link), and I'll be all satisfied as regards this topic. --

"FYI, when I saw that, I designed ATA Support so it would work with 4
PCMCIA slots. I expect Lantern to also work with 4 PCMCIA slots (ethernet
drivers work with 4 PCMCIA slots for free since they are
plugged into Lantern layer)."

Good job!

DJV.