Re: [NTLK] printing from a newton via linux

From: Adam Short (ajs_at_orinoco.homelinux.org)
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 13:36:44 PDT

On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 01:28:02PM -0700, Martin Joseph wrote:

> Not necessarily true! Imagine the AP is using DHCP on both sides and
> getting a number in the 192.168.1.x on the wired end and giving out
> addresses in the 192.168.1.x range on the wireless side. So the
> addresses appear to be on the same subnet, but NAT is still occuring.

The AP doesn't do DHCP on either side. It has a static IP, as does the
newton.

> Then how are your wireless clients configured?

The only wireless client I have is the emate. It is configured to have a
static IP (192.168.1.3)

> What type of AP is it??

Solwise WAP-011A

> Everything but Appletalk would work ok through NAT as well. There are
> also know issues with some wireless routers which don't handle
> appletalk properly.

I'm beginning to suspect this is the actual cause. I haven't consulted
the AP docs in a while, but I don't remember there being any mention of
Appletalk in there.

--
Adam Short - ajs at orinoco dot homelinux dot org