Re: [NTLK] More questions!

From: josh musket (jmusket_at_nmu.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 14:27:44 PDT

Victor Rehorst wrote:

>josh musket wrote:
>
>>BTW, I recall that you can set XP drain to automatically open
>>irftp when another IR device is w/in range.
>>

>Yes, but the problem is that if the connection is open but nothing happens,
>the Newton will close it in 5-6 seconds.

Ah, yes, I had forgetten about that...

>>BTW, are the packages recieved in such a way that you can load them as normally beamed
>>packages can?
>
>Yep, they'll be saved in the in/out box and then you just select them and use
>Put Away as normal (this part requires IC/VC which does the actual package
>installing)

Got that, too. Just have to install the package on my Newt when I get
home (by first installing it on my eMate, then beaming it to my 2100 -
assuming it's not beam protected - if it is, then I'll be in trouble).

>>Third: Another Mac program - which synced with the Newt, and let you use it as a
>>drawing pad, which needed to be registered to save the file properly (ie, as a drawing, as opposed to you just pressing shift-f4/f5). Anyone
>>remember what this is? Just curious. The first two are the really
>>important ones. (of which the first is answered, unless anyone has any tips or anything else to add).
>>

>Sounds like WriteHere Suite:
>http://www.tow.com/software/writehere/

Hmm, similar, but I'm pretty sure that that isn't it.

I take it that no. 2 is basically disappeared from people's memory? It
was older, no. 2, was. Damn. I really wanted to know.