Re: [NTLK] More questions!

From: NewtonMP - Paul Curtis (paul.curtis_at_newtonmp.com)
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 14:26:06 PDT

Josh,

I just posted instructions on how to do this a couple of days ago...

Go to www.40hz.com and download Nitro, Neo and IC/VC. This combination of
products from Eckhart will allow you to Ir between your Newton and you
computer, reliably, consistently with no issues! If you don't have an Ir
port on your windows box, go buy an external USB unit to use.

Once you have the .pkg's installed, then the only other learning curve is to
have the irftp.exe open and navigated to the .pkg you want to install with
the cursor over the "send" button, go to the Newton and tap extras, tap
inout, tap inbox (top left of screen), then tap "receive" and finally tap
IrOBEX. Now wait until the windows box "sees" the Newton in range (an icon
will pop up in the "notification area" of the Task Bar, click the "send"
button in the irftp.exe program and pat yourself on the back! It's that
easy.

To install the Ir'd .pkg, tap the box of the .pkg you want to install, tap
the pull tab icon and tap "put away" a dialog box appears with an option to
delete after install and then tap "put away".

That's all there is to it.

Regards,

Paul Curtis
MP 120 v1.3/MP 120 v2.0/MP 130/MP 2100/MP 2100/MP 2100
www.NewtonMP.com (coming soon)
Go Green! Go White! Michigan State Spartans