Re: [NTLK] printing from a newton via linux

From: Adam Short (ajs_at_orinoco.homelinux.org)
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 11:34:22 PDT

On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 12:25:13PM -0700, Martin Joseph wrote:

> Essentially transparent? I don't see how it could be...
>
> It has to handle the wireless devices connected to it, so this is
> probably a different subnet.
>
> Which model AP is it?
>
> If you have a wired ethernet setup for the Newt, or any mac, it would
> be great to test the wired network and make sure the printer shows
> there. I am guessing it will.
>
> In my experience all APs have some routing function as well, and I am
> betting this is the bump in your road.

Hmmm... I don't want to argue with you, but I can't see how it can be.
Everything else works fine. The IP on the newt is 192.168.1.3 and the IP
on the linux box is 192.168.1.2 so they *are* on the same subnet. The AP
does nothing but forward packets from one side to the other, as far as I
can tell. Email works, telnet works, ftp works, the only thing that
doesn't is appletalk. I don't have a wired lan card to test with, but my
girlfriend will be here later with a real mac, so I can test it that
way. I really don't think I'm missing anything obvious here, as far as I
can see the networking side of it *is* right.

--
Adam Short - ajs at orinoco dot homelinux dot org