Re: [NTLK] Another Auction 800$ 2100mp

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sun Apr 11 2004 - 22:31:17 PDT

On Apr 9, 2004, at 1:40 PM, NewtonMP - Paul Curtis wrote:

> I called J&K and they do have 1,500+ MP 2x00 units, a large number of
> them
> in pristine condition.
>
> But none of them are sealed in the box with Newton air inside! I've
> been
> sniping bids in on all of these to have as a collector's item.

  I have to say I think this is kind of sick and wrong.

The notion of paying through the nose for an unopened MP2100 and then
NEVER OPENING IT as a collectors item is too maddening for words.

It's a computer. It was designed and built to be used. That is it's
value.

Turning it into some kind of fetish item seems kind of stupid and
pointless to me.

Don't you think?

Marty

PS If you want to collect something of value, try art, at least you can
enjoy that.