[NTLK] Emate Power Adapters

From: shannon johnson (leosgson_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 30 2003 - 21:30:20 PDT

Hello,

I picked up three Emates from a school surplus auction this past weekend.
Each came with a 4MB card and one came with nine AlphaSmarts, not that
AplphaSmarts matter to this email. But there where no power adapters. Does
anyone know of a source? I've searched eBay and someone is selling 9W (7.5 V
1.2 A) power adapters for the Newton 2x00, which the list archives tell me
is the same as the eMate's. Is this person's product any good or should I
look elsewhere?

I'd like to know if these computers work (batters are dead) before I work on
the hinges. Will the Emate power one through the power adapter or does it
prefer battery power? I wanted a Newt 2100, but I like the eMate too because
I can put it on one of my camera tripods.

Excelsior!
Shannon

Instant message in style with MSN Messenger 6.0. Download it now FREE!
http://msnmessenger-download.com

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html