[NTLK] About The Green Edge Magazine/BlogWorkz/iBlog/RunRev Stuff (... or do Hate a tropical storm).

From: Andre Garzia (soapdog_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 14:50:38 PDT

Hi Folks,

As some of you know, I am building a new apple newton magazine called
the Green Edge magazine (www.thegreenedge.net). We're going pretty far,
couple articles and interviews are already done and we we're planning
to launch this week. With web, newtonbook, pdf and real paper versions.

Also, I am the developer of BlogWorkz
(http;//www.soapdog.org/blogworks) which is a Cocoa Blog Client, with
some thousand happy users. It's like other iApps and got some cool
features.

And, I am the developer of old iBlog software
(http://iblog.soapdog.org), I must say old because LiFli stole it's
name and launched a same-name program without check for trademarks, but
iBlog is the most used blog client out there, it's the only client for
Mac Classic, and it's features are unrivalled even by todays standards.

And last but not least, I was planning to release a couple libraries
for the amazing Runtime Revolution (http://www.runrev.com), which is my
premier programming language tool with amazing cross-compiler
oportinities. The releases of XML-RPC Stack and ShareWare tools Stack
are delayed because i've got not machine to further debug them and
release them to our community.

My tutorials for MacMagazine and AppleTalk Newsletter are delayed since
I lost the iBook HD where they were. Feel free to use the preliminar
version I upload to author resources.

All my softwares and projects are freeware (some with source).

Sorry for bulkmailing, I am at a internet Cafe, and I must pay by email
(U$ 4 per email), this is a mail to let everyone related to my work to
know why I will disapear for a while from the scene.

The sad new is, I live in Brazil, it's raining season here, and last
night, during a hellish storm, a thunderbolt striked near my house. My
iBook crashed, it's HD was rendered to zero. It's burned beyond repair.
My iMac G4 also suffered, it's ethernet is fried also. My APC NoBreak
was not enought to solve this problems. Since my etherned card is on
board, i must buy a new iMac G4 800 motherboard. Let's play the bill:

* iBook New Batterie (old is fried) = R$ 300
* iBook New HD 30GB (old is fried) = R$500
* iMac G4 Motherboard = R$2090,00
* Total repair is = R$ 2890,00

which is almost U$ 1000 dollars. My salary is R$180, which is
U$Almost-Two-Big-Macs-and-A-Coke. It's will take couple time for me to
come back to production and development since I'm having a hardtime to
fix all this stuff. My salary is not enought and my freelance progaming
jobs are halted till my machines are back.

If anyone who uses my software wants to help me fixing this mess, i've
got a PayPal Account under agarzia_at_mac.com
Thanks for all who helped in the last years efforts.

Cheers on the crazy ones.
Andre Garzia  2003
imac2 ibook p100 e uma torradeira....

Andre Alves Garzia  2003  BRAZIL