[NTLK] getting AOL mail to the newt

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 10:46:42 PDT

We had a discussion a while back about someone who wanted to read AOL
mail on there newt...

I recently figured out a cool way to do this based on the info I got
here (of course!).

I took one of my Performa 475's (these rock) and I installed Claris
emailer on it, and set it to read there AOL mail and forward all
messages to a pop account. It checks AOL every 10 minutes or so, and
seems to work perfectly (if AOL's mail server is up).

Just though I would share this solution as the customer I set it up for
is super excited about getting away from AOL, and now they get there
AOL mail automagically forwarded into there Earthlink inbox.

Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html