[NTLK] Can't import apps

From: Trish Benedict (kundry_at_pacific.net)
Date: Sat Sep 27 2003 - 13:04:21 PDT

I'm a new Newton owner. I have a 2100 and I just got one of the internal
serial adapters, thanks to a suggestion from the list. (installation was a
piece of cake!). It works fine and I can get my Newt to communicate with my
desktop G3 but when I try to "Install Package" and go to the folders where
my .pkg apps are sitting, it just doesn't see them. They're all .pkg files
and are from the UNNA website or CD. A very few apps (like 3 out of the
dozens I've tried) have shown up and installed ok; also, I've had no trouble
importing text data and getting my Palm addresses into the Newton's address
book.

I can't see any obvious differences between the few packages that show up
and the ones that don't. Are all .pkg files not created equal?
Thanks

Trish

Trish Benedict
Willits, CA