Re: [NTLK] OT: New virus making rounds

From: Chris Edwards (crashrepair_at_btconnect.com)
Date: Mon Sep 22 2003 - 05:29:22 PDT

On Monday, September 22, 2003, at 03:08 AM, Peter H. Coffin wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 09:50:53PM -0400, Eric L. Strobel wrote:
>> somewhere near the temporal coordinates of 9/21/03 9:33 PM, the
>> entity known
>> as Peter H. Coffin transmitted the following from
>> hellsop_at_ninehells.com:

>>> Keep current with the patches from your OS vendor, hopefully...
>>
>> This whole patching thing reminds me of the movie 'Young
>> Frankenstein',
> As I ranted about elsewhere about an hour ago, the last three or four
> major outbreaks a
Maybe you have not had a buggy update? i read that microsoft output
these by habit(can one tell the difference between a buggy update and a
virus?) and most windows users i know have to reboot quite often, on my
mac I rarely even turn it off, I also check out on lists and mags
before installing updates as Apple are far from perfect, Microsoft
seem to issue buggy and very bloated software with more security holes
than Swiss cheese! also if you discount corporate machines that are as
a single to the hackers then the Apple Unix/Linux segment is
considerably larger than 5% but perhaps is more of a challange (They
teach windows in prison to existing criminals!!!) If these "script
kiddies" are that good perhaps we should sponsor them to do something
usefull (like porting the newton os to something newer, or would that
be too tough?)
just some thoughts
Chris Edwards

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html