Re: [NTLK] New virus making rounds

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sun Sep 21 2003 - 23:28:06 PDT

On Sunday, September 21, 2003, at 02:51 AM, Allan Ngaparu wrote:

> When I go to outlook to get my emails the process bogs down as
> Nortons is
> finding about one in three is a virus masquerading as a security patch
> or
> returned mail from Microsoft Is any one else being bombarded at this
> level?

I actually received a copy of the bogus attachment/microsoft update...

This is very rare as I usually don't even have a sense that microsoft
viruses are multiplying. Other then code red that is, which still
produces about 40 bogus attempt a day to get to my nonexistant
winnt/somethingorother directory.

If you use a system such as linux or mac OS9, or Mac OSX, then the
viruses are not effective (not binary compatible), so you don't really
need to be as INSANE in having every email file scanned. Getting rid
of MS windows seems like a good idea to me.

Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html