Re: [NTLK] 40Hz.org software

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net)
Date: Mon Sep 15 2003 - 07:37:37 PDT

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 09:39:52 -0400, donald wrote:
> courier is VERY nice, although I wish it would do a bit of forms and
> simple cookies so I could use Slashdot's members interface to get the
> reduced code version of the page.

Yes, that's what I have on on top of my Courier to do list... for
exactly the same reason ;)

> I'm wondering if anyone has tried Blunt yet... the BlueTooth driver,
> and if so what cards they used.

I have ;) - it's a bit hard to give an estimate when it will be ready,
but I hope to have something working this fall. I know for sure that
the PICO PCMCIA card will work (because that's what I'm using for
development), but I hope that all cards which use the Linux UART
drivers will work. Not because I use the Linux drivers, but because
those cards have a hardware interface the Newton understands out of the
box. Most interesting are the Ambicom and Pretec BT2000 cards. Other
cards require a special serial chip set driver (definitely the Socket
and 3COM cards).

If you have a card and wonder if it might work, check the instructions
here: http://40hz.org/Experiments/.

Eckhart

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html