Re: [NTLK] Proud owner of a new eMate 300!

From: Alex (admeddemda_at_f-m.fm)
Date: Thu Sep 11 2003 - 09:54:21 PDT

You could try something like the farallon etherwave device for
newton. It's an external serial to ethernet device, so it will will
leave your card slot free for memory use. I have one, but I think
it's broken, havent been able to get it to connect using a straight
or cross cable. Anyway, I bought it at the goodwill, so it was likely
broken long ago.

When I had a non-upgraded emate, I found I could install parts of NIE
that I needed, and Eudora for email. Not much else, except on a card.

Since having an upgraded emate, things are great. I do ethernet for
NCU backups, and email over modem. And courier looks promising for
internet! nice and speedy, although I cant seem to interact with the
pages at all (is this missing so far? or am _I_ missing something?)

regards,
~Alex

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html