[NTLK] Proud owner of a new eMate 300!

From: Jim Siburt (jsiburt_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Sep 05 2003 - 21:36:42 PDT

Tonight I opened the box and broke the seal on my brand new Newton
eMate 300. I need to replace the batteries and plan on getting
wireless setup. What do I need to do to update it to all the latest
connectivity software and bring it into this century?

I tried to use a PC Card CF adapter to install software but to no
avail. I found that the CF card needed to be formatted to ATA, but then
it can't be read by OS X. I am assuming an USB to DB9 adapter would
allow me to connect it to my Powerbook. Any insight or wisdom would be
appreciated.

Thank You
JS

"Never ask a man what computer he uses. If it's a Mac, he'll tell you.
If it's not, why embarrass him?"
Tom Clancy

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html