Re: [NTLK] Philz and Ongoing projects

From: L A GREEN (lagoff11_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 13:56:03 PDT

TYVM to you and all other great minds here on the list for all your past contributions and any and all future contributions. you and others like you make my newton what is is today. the most beautiful and coolest green brick on the face of the planet. your minds make mine work easier and i thank you all for that.

LONG LIVE THE GREEN,

LAG
Paul Guyot <pguyot_at_kallisys.net> wrote:

You want a summary of our projects?

What I have on my shelf:
- various newtApp based applications (LearnFast, Quotes, Fortunes)
- enhancements to Avi's BD
- NPDS 2.x with multiple connections and various other enhancements
- alterations (I wouldn't say enhancements) to Waba
- localization & recognition tools (dictionaries, kits, alt.rec....)
- NewtonOS bug fixes (NewtWorks memory leak & system patch)
- Port of Zlib
- Misc utilities (euro installer, KB Backlight & WideCardFile, two
patches I had forgotten)

What I have on my desk:
- DCL, a library & framework to communicate with a Newton through the
Dock application and handle Newton Data. This is a project led by
Michael Vacìk, Nicolas Zinovieff and I. Michael is currently working
really hard for his daily job and Nicolas is finishing his Master's
thesis. Please note that DCL != Escale. Escale is just a *sample*
code of the capabilities of the DCL.
- ATA Support, a software to use ATA cards in Newtons.

What I have in my trash (but that I may resurrect one day)
- Semi-working Port of TidyLib.
- Internet-related native code.
- Many other stuff that never left my hard drive because I'm lazy and
I'm not fond of writing documentation and web pages.

What I have in my bag:
- NewtBib, an application to handle references compatible with bibtex.
- NPDS 3.x
- A new release of Avi's BD
- A new release of LearnFast
- a secret project, which no one thought about except the folks
involved (I will just be a contributor).
- another secret project, which would solve a long-time issue.
- yet another secret project, which would solve a problem that is
more recent than the previous one, although I know someone else has
been working/is working on something similar.
- yet yet another secret project, 42.

I'm particularly grateful of Michael's Vacìk's artwork and the
various suggestions/remarks/help I received. Victor also did
contribute to Fortunes. Please note that Waba, NPDS and Avi's
Backdrop aren't projects of mine, I just contributed. In fact, all
this work couldn't have been done without the support of the
community.