Re: [NTLK] Second PC Card slot in an eMate

From: Jim Siburt (jsiburt_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Sep 09 2003 - 05:59:26 PDT

On Tuesday, September 9, 2003, at 01:50 AM, Robert Benschop wrote:

> Jim Siburt wrote:
>> Has anyone tried to had a second PC Card slot to the eMate? I was
>> wondering if it was possible to piggy back another slot internally and
>> install a memory card/ This would allow the existing slot to be used
>> for wireless access and still have more storage space.
>
> Not 100% sure I understood the question, there already is/was a memory
> expansion option for the eMate. Of you look through the translucent lid
> on the back (just under the handle) you'll see a filled and an empty
> slot.
> The filled one is your ROM board and the empty one is for the memory
> card. If you want to buy one either hunt on eBay or sign up with
> PCB-Man (he's on this list and can be found in the archives) he's
> checking for interest for a run of new memory expansion boards.

And by memory expansion does it increase storage capacity or just
operating memory hence a speed increase? And I am assuming that is
where the NewerRam was installed as well. With the miniaturization of
storage devices it just seems a shame that something can't be used to
expand the storage capacity of such an useful device. With added
airport and more storage there would be no need for Apple to
reintroduce a newer device. : )

Hey maybe we could could slip an iPod inside!!!!!! lol : )
Jim S.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html