Re: [NTLK] Second PC Card slot in an eMate

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Mon Sep 08 2003 - 22:50:52 PDT

Jim Siburt wrote:
> Has anyone tried to had a second PC Card slot to the eMate? I was
> wondering if it was possible to piggy back another slot internally and
> install a memory card/ This would allow the existing slot to be used
> for wireless access and still have more storage space.

Not 100% sure I understood the question, there already is/was a memory
expansion option for the eMate. Of you look through the translucent lid
on the back (just under the handle) you'll see a filled and an empty
slot.
The filled one is your ROM board and the empty one is for the memory
card. If you want to buy one either hunt on eBay or sign up with
PCB-Man (he's on this list and can be found in the archives) he's
checking for interest for a run of new memory expansion boards.
'Just' adding a PC card wouldn't be for the faint of heart...

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html