Re: [NTLK] Share Internet Connection

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Mon Sep 08 2003 - 08:48:06 PDT

On Monday, September 8, 2003, at 08:19 AM, <mike_at_mikeinteractive.com>
wrote:

> So with the 3COM 3C589D, I can hook up my Newton to my iMac and
> download
> the Courier Web browser to the iMac and
> then transfer it to my Newton?

If you have a righteous NIE install in your Newt already, you can go to
prefs and set appletalk to use the ethernet connection...

Now you can use the Newton connection utility (under older mac OS) or
Escale (under OSX) to install new packages onto the MP.

If your existing setup isn't right though, (which is likely since the
3C589D takes a special install) you will need to figure out a serial
connection first. If you have an older mac sitting around (I have too
many) then you could set one of those up with NCU and get going that
way.

Good Luck,
Remember the link to the archives is at the bottom of this message and
searching there will yield many previous similar posts.

Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html