Re: [NTLK] Two questions

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Thu Sep 04 2003 - 15:03:40 PDT

> Among the accessories were four rechargeable battery packs. One
appears to
> be in working order, one doesn't seem to take a charge (level never
goes up)
> and the Newton tells me that other two need to be replaced ("Fault" is
> displayed in the Extras drawer). Is there anything I can do with the
latter
> three batteries?

As someone else already pointed out, you can refurbish them, see

http://www.pda-soft.de/mp2k_battery_pack.html

for instructions. I can also do this for you if you don't feel
up to it.

Please, by all means, do not throw the packs away if you do not
want to resurrect them. I'd be more than glad if you could let
me have them for the cost of shipping (or a reasonable amount
above the cost of shipping). The same, by the way, goes for all
and any Newton replacement parts any of you out there wants to
get rid of, dead or alive. Apart from the fact that a couple of
my own Newtons are still battery-less, there are most likely
others out there who would welcome a spare.

Thanks

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html