[NTLK] ANN: WineScore freeware

From: Stephanie Maks (newton_at_maksystems.com)
Date: Tue Sep 02 2003 - 07:27:50 PDT

Hi folks,

I've created another small, possibly pointless, freeware application.

"WineScore" assists in assigning numeric scores to wines tasted. It's
based mostly on Robert Parker's 100-point system. It uses slider bars to
rate five characteristics of a wine and produces a score from 50 to 100.

Like most of my stuff, I wrote it for myself to take care of a specific
thing I wanted to achieve (I could never remember the scoring system so I
was just assigning arbitrary numbers which didn't mean much - now I can
score wines more reliably). As such it may not be much good to anyone
else. Anyhow, it's free, so if you like it, enjoy. It's available here
(source code too):
http://www.felesmagus.com/newton/software.html

Note: WineScore does not save scores or create a database of wines
tasted, it was meant to be used in conjunction with whatever wine log you
are currently using. If you are looking for a wine log, I strongly
reccomend WineCellar by Catamount:
http://www.catamount.com/WineCellar.html

-Stephanie

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html