Re: [NTLK] [ANN] ATA Support 1.0RC6

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Fri Oct 17 2003 - 15:10:43 PDT

Aux environs du 17/10/03 à 9:16 -0500, sous le titre "Re: [NTLK]
[ANN] ATA Support 1.0RC6", Nathan Turnage prit sa plus belle plume
pour écrire les mots suivants:
>That would be very nice, and Paul is deserving to be sure. But what is
>different here is that Paul is selling a product. He has already decided
>on the way he wishes to receive monetary rewards for his efforts. To
>help support continued development product registration would probably
>be more appreciated.

I agree, Nathan. Please note, however, that Doug is a registered user
of ATA Support since December, 2002. I did not do any updates since
RC5 (which was in February) because of a lack of time for personal
reasons, but I think Doug wanted to stress his enthusiasm because
it's not because I didn't release anything for months than they
wasn't any work done on this project (in parallel with other projects
like the DCL and Escale). I'm particularly thankful of Doug but I'm
not in Philz situation, as you underline, indeed.

>But for for me though, 50 Euros ($60 US) is *much* too steep for me, and
>the exchange rate keeps getting worse.

I realize. When the 50 Euros price was chosen, it was around 45 USD.
And the bread and the big mac is still the same price in Euros here
(well, they actually increased). I think only a third of the ATA
Support registered users come from the US.

>Again I don't mean to say anything against Paul (who kicks much ass),
>but until the price drops on registration, I will continue to use only
>4Mb of a 128Mb CF card.

I should stress I'm perfectly happy with such a situation. I don't
think anyone can tell that I didn't provide a technical support
because they weren't registered users (since I never check when I get
a technical support-related e-mail, I mean I try to get as little
technical support e-mails as possible but I do answer to these
quickly), and I promise you'll always be able to use 4 MB free of
charge with as many cards as you want.

By the way, speaking about technical support e-mails, for the next
two/three weeks, I'll have no Internet access during the weekends and
in the evening/morning, so I apologize in advance for late replies.

Paul

--
Changement de baignoire.
NPDS/NewtonOS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/