Re: [NTLK] Expand and BU word-list

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 07:59:03 PDT

I use two things to help in this department.
Alt.rec will increase the storage space for expansions
and as an added bonus will enhance the recognition
capabilities of your PRINTED handwriting. Note, there
have been documented problems with cursive recognition
though.
Another item I use is Corrector+. This gem will allow
you to set rules on commonly mis-recognized PARTS of
words. For instance, say you commonly get the suffix
"ing" mis-recognized as "iny". You can set a rule that
will only change "iny" to "ing" when it is at the END
of a word. You have the choice of beginning, middle or
end of a word for recognition mistakes.
All this and more are available for straight download
on my Newton page; http://newton.tek-ed.com
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Roman Pixell <roman_at_pixell.net> wrote:
> What popular ways are there to expand the wordlist?
> In it's default state, the Newton seems to be
> limited to 100-200 words. I'd like to go beyond this
> limit and add as many words as I want. Is this
> doable?
>
> Also, can I somehow backup the wordlist to a
> separate file? Is NewtSync a possible way of doing
> this?
>
> As a last point, wouldn't it be nice if wordlists
> could be sorted, like medical, technical,
> mathematical etc terms?
>
> / ®
>

> roman pixell

=====
"When any government, or church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, 'This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know', the end result is tyranny and oppression , no matter how holy the motives"
     -Robert Heinlein, Revolt in 2100