Re: [NTLK] IR Modem with Nokia 6200?

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Tue Oct 07 2003 - 23:24:00 PDT

6200??
This is even an older model than I bought two years ago - the 6210.
This has IR and built in modem.
I did not try to connect via IR, but it works fine with the cable.
The main reason for me is that the 6210 only supports HSCSD, but this is not
supported from my provider. In other words- I am limited to 9.6 kBaud
instead of 56 kBaud using HSCSD.
The actual protocol you should looking for is GPRS.
AFAIK the follow-on model 6310 has this feature and is similar to the 6210.
In fact you should first check these things before you go infrared.
Since there was no big change in the IR protocols during the last years I
would expect that any new phone supporting IRCom can talk to the Newt having
the special IR Newt drivers.

Cheers
Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html