Re: [NTLK] ATA

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Tue Oct 07 2003 - 00:11:26 PDT

Aux environs du 7/10/03 à 9:02 +0200, sous le titre "[NTLK] ATA",
Rocco prit sa plus belle plume pour écrire les mots suivants:
>in this period I tried again Paul's ATA driver demo version and I had
>restore data from backup a lot of times, I had a lot of error messages like:
>- no partition
>- not recocnize
>- different errors code
>
>I dont know if the problem is in my 2100 or in ATA driver.

The question is rather: is it your card or my software ;)
The answer is probably: my software. Although a lot of users are
happy with 1.0RC5 with MP2100s.

Which version did you try?
Did you try your card in a camera/laptop and does it work there?
Did you try the built-in tests ([i] button, about this card then tests)?

FYI, ATA Support is now built nightly. However, I suspect a data
corruption problem in the current HEAD code, so be careful with using
nightlies (still, there have been a huge amount of changes since RC5).

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS/NewtonOS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/