Re: [NTLK] THANKS FOR IGNOREING MY QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!

From: Eric Engle (engleerica_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Nov 22 2003 - 05:42:52 PST

> Right on, Eric, I found the same level of uncalculateable responsiveness
> amongst NTLK list members, both on and off list. Since I joined this list,
> I posted some inquiries, and for some I got no or no helpful replies, on
> some it was really humbling to what extend fellow Newtonians went to aid
> me, both on and off list.

As you note, it is a question of time and resources...

Another thing, questions are more likely to be answered during the week,
because people are more likely to be bored in the office wanting to kill time
and look busy. Sad but true... I'm still trying to figure out whether monday or
thursday is best (logic being people have time on the weekends... time they
would rather spend with their loved ones, so I think early in the week is
best).

OT I'm also trying to figure out the best times to buy on ebay, I think
weekends, though any insights are welcomed off list

> NTLK is a very fleeting medium, even more than running an ad in a daily
> paper - if you don't get replies within 24 hours, your question is already
> forgotten and deleted from Newtonia's collective consciousness.

I actually think 3 days is more realistic, and that to be polite one should not
try to "ask again" for a week at the very least.

> And any
> stuff posted on a weekend seems to have much less chances to get a
> meaningful answer

Yes, I think so too.

> If NTLK doesn't do the job, one might as well use the searcheable archive

Yes, good point...

> Tip o' the Day for Eggbertman: Keep yer cool, you might need it. ;=} Plus
> it's good if you can give something back to the community, not only take
> from it.

Yes, example, I did get my newton question answered and had, coincidentally,
uploaded a couple newtonbooks earlier that week. ;) If you cannot make a newton
book they are super easy to do, and there is plenty of texts (e.g. philosophy)
which are public domain waiting to be newted...