[NTLK] Serial connection to cell phone

From: Dave Bonhoff (gtidave_at_newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Wed Nov 19 2003 - 17:03:28 PST

Yup, me again!

This new cell phone of mine, a Motorola v60i, is data capable. A
serial cable is available and I have a DB-9 to DIN8 adapter that came
with a previous PDA. Is it possible to use this kind of arrangement
with my SER-001 equipped 2100?

I'm guessing that if it is possible, it will be a similar set-up as
using my old IRDA Nokia phone and that I will have to experiment
writing a login script. Will I have to remove the NIE Modem and Serial
Module that was modified to work with Nitro? Anything else to be aware
of?

Thanks!
Dave

"The Mac isn't a computer. It's a way of life." - Author, Don Rittner

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html