Re: [NTLK] [OT] Ebay shipping

From: Gregory J. Wayman (gwayman_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Nov 14 2003 - 13:35:42 PST

> On 14/11/03 16:59, "Doug Parker" <doug_at_ispinn.com> wrote:
>
> > Has anyone else noticed that ebay sellers are charging
> > *way* more than actual shipping costs?
>
> Yep, that's certainly something you have to watch for. They start their
> price lower but charges more for shipping and handling. The most recent
> example I had was with buying a 500MHz daughtercard for my PowerBook Pismo.
> Shipping and handling was clearly stated at $12 in the listing. Upon
> receiving the box, the fee was $3.85. It was a video size box with a few
> sheets of paper to protect the chip.
>
> -Laurent.
> --

Depends on the seller. If you buy read the feed back of the person your buying
from you'll get a feel for there postage habits.
My wife sells alot on ebay and will refund excess postage if its been
miscalculated or a combined shipping situation. She has many more return
customers because of it. So it just depends on the seller. As the buyer, read
feedback and email the seller with questions before bidding, also read the ad,
just dont skim over it.

Best of luck. Greg

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html