Re: [NTLK] [OT] Ebay shipping

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Nov 14 2003 - 13:14:31 PST

On 14/11/03 16:59, "Doug Parker" <doug_at_ispinn.com> wrote:

> Has anyone else noticed that ebay sellers are charging
> *way* more than actual shipping costs?

Yep, that's certainly something you have to watch for. They start their
price lower but charges more for shipping and handling. The most recent
example I had was with buying a 500MHz daughtercard for my PowerBook Pismo.
Shipping and handling was clearly stated at $12 in the listing. Upon
receiving the box, the fee was $3.85. It was a video size box with a few
sheets of paper to protect the chip.

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                 Developer, Multifamily, ESO, Fannie Mae
mailto:Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com                Washington, DC, USA
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html