Re: [NTLK] Dead 2100

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 10:23:06 PDT

Quoting Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com>:

> Three things to check:
> 1) of course, the ROM card. A sudden jolt or bump may
> have dislodged it. If it isn't completly seated, it
> could be the culprit

I'd reseat this even if it looks OK. It's easy to do and only takes about 5
seconds. Carefully spread the two white tabs on either side that hold the
card in. The card should spring up to around a 30 deg angle. Take it out,
look at it, whatever, then re-insert it into the slot at the same angle, the
push it down to snap it in place. If it won't snap in place easily, make sure
everything is aligned.

> Sometimes it takes an issue like this to remind all of
> us how imporant backups are...
> To everyone trying to backup with NCU or whatever...I
> can not stress the convenience of using memory cards
> to backup internal memory. You'll still need NCU to
> backup any memory cards you have inserted, but if
> you're like me, all critical stuff is on internal
> memory. Stuff on my card, while not entirely a joyful
> occurance, would not cause undue hardship if lost.

Or buy SBM Utils and gain the ability to do card to card backups. That's what
I did.

"There's nothing, nothing better than / that small computer with a pen.
Because one thing I can't abide / Hardware that won't let me decide." -FG
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html