Re: [NTLK] An Amazing Story...

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 10:01:29 PDT

I had something similar happen. I left it at a shop
(this was before my "Man Bag":
http://www.wilsonsleather.com/jump.jsp?itemID=6487&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=24&iSubCat=28&iProductID=6487&cmCat=ACt Einstein's last words were in German. Since the attending
A girl found it and I never locked it so she looked up
my information (seems she knew about the Newton) I
went to pick it up and thanked her. Now every year I
get a notice on "Debby's Birthday"
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- "J. E. Simons" <newtlink_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> this is very strange, and it ends well..
>
> a strange woman called my house at 8:30am, and
> claimed to have my DayRunner.. this was strange to
> me because i *knew* that it was in my car.. (not
> that i make it a habit of leaving my DayRunner in my
> car)..
>
> anyway, i have a "Leather Purse Organizer".. it's an
> E-Runner type..
>
> http://www.dayrunner.com/product.asp?WPROD=311
>
> yeah, it's a "purse", but my 2100 and the PDA
> Concepts "Holster" fit very well in it.. and, i'm
> secure enough to carry one.. hahaha..
>
> well she started describing it.. and i flipped.. the
> first thing i asked was, "IS THE LITTLE COMPUTER IN
> IT".. thinking that it was stolen, and the dayrunner
> dumped.. she replied, "Yes, it seems as if
> everything is in it..".. now, i'm just puzzled as to
> how she got it.. she explained that she had found it
> in the middle of a fairly busy local roadway.. she
> stopped and picked it up, and got my information and
> called..
<snip>

=====
- Albert Einstein's last words were in German. Since the attending
nurse did not understand German, his last words will never be known.