Re: [NTLK] Connection options

From: Dylan Stewart (rxs015500_at_utdallas.edu)
Date: Fri May 16 2003 - 17:00:02 PDT

The only markings on my cable are these:

[funny RU symbol] AWM E101344 2464 VW-1 80[degree]C 300V 28AWG SPACE
SHUTTLE-C
CSA LL80671 AWM [II]A/B 80[degree]C 300V FT1

These codes repeat several times over the length of the cable.

My only other Mac is my Mac Classic, and it doesn't want to work now. I
have no Mac serial devices other than a modem, nor do I know anyone who
does, so I can't exactly test the cable.

It dials the modem just fine, so the port hardware is probably fine. I must
just have the wrong cable.

Oh, well. I'll just have to go out and buy a new one, I guess.

 Dylan Stewart AC5ZH

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html