Re: [NTLK] (No Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 12:41:02 -0600

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Thu May 15 2003 - 12:06:31 PDT

Il me semble que le 15/5/03 à 11:44 -0700, Will Leingang nous racontait:
>I especially like the children that spawn off of the parent... Idiot...
>
>You know what else is a really cool, a newton easter egg can be found when
>you run this from the windows command prompt: "format c: /y /x /v:EasterEgg"
>or, on a mac using os X: "rm -rf /*"

Please do not post such commands even as a joke.

I don't know for Windows, but on MacOS X, there is no good way to
recover data erased with rm, and most users do not have a good backup
policy.

Sorry to be so serious, but most MacOS X users are not really Unix
experts and I wouldn't want any to lose data because of a stupid
command entered in the terminal.

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/