Re: [NTLK] itunes plug-in

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net)
Date: Mon May 12 2003 - 07:15:48 PDT

On Sunday, May 11, 2003, at 09:22 PM, Edward Humes wrote:

> Before I started messing with the scary root, I thought I'd try the
> alternative, suggested by Daniel Padilla, of the fetch URL function of
> nHttpLib that comes with Mad Max. It worked! I now have an mp3 file on
> my flash card. It appeared in my inbox, i "put it away" to Mad Max, but
> then nothing! I open mad max and i can't find the file to play it (I
> just get a new blank title slip with no tracks on it.) Does anyone on
> the list know how to put these pieces together?

There is one bug in MAD Max when putting away files from the Inbox: you
have to have something already in MAD Max. A stream would do fine, it
doesn't have to be an MP3 file and the stream doesn't have to be valid.
This is necessary so that the "Audio" soup exists. You can check under
"Storage" if there is an icon for the "Audio" soup. When you tap that
icon, it shows you how much files are in the soup and how much space
they take up.

When MAD Max imports something from the Inbox, it just creates an entry
with the title "Untitled" at the moment, also, the duration field is
00:00 and there is not much else. But tapping the play button should
work. I'll have to add some ID3 tag capabilities to MAD Max, then this
should hopefully be much nicer.

Eckhart

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html