Re: [NTLK] ATA Question

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Thu May 08 2003 - 19:21:35 PDT

on 08/05/03 20:57, Edward Humes at ehumes_at_mac.com wrote:

> On Thursday, May 8, 2003, at 05:08 PM, Edward Humes wrote:
>

>> Just installed Paul's ATA demo drive to check out compatibility of IBM
>> 340 mb microdrive. I have the card slip up and am trying to follow demo
>> instructions of moving a note to store for a test, but I can't figure
>> out how to move it there. what operation accomplishes that?
>>

> oops. Never mind, all. Did a second zero partitioning (the first didn't
> take) and the answer became self-evident: filing on the card finally
> appeared as an option.
>
> The card is totally compatible. I'll be registering pronto, Paul.
> Question: do I delete the demo before installing the full version once
> I get the registration code?

I don't think there is a separate full version. It's the version you have.
As soon as you enter some registration code, all functions are working and
the limitations are removed.

-Laurent.

Evil Empire n.: [from Ronald Reagan's famous characterization of the
communist Soviet Union] Formerly IBM,now Microsoft. Functionally, the
company most hackers love to hate at any given time. Hackers like to see
themselves as romantic rebels against the Evil Empire, and frequently adopt
this role to the point of ascribing rather more power and malice to the
Empire than it actually has. See also Borg and search for Evil Empire pages
on the Web.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html