Re: [NTLK] [OT] apple store hoe-down?

From: Christian Burk (cmburk75_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun May 04 2003 - 22:05:02 PDT

Ditto that. I was there in Houston. It was not really a party and saw
no posters. I had this somewhat un-funny salesguy trying to sell me an
ipod t-shirt for $10. He didn't have much to say when I showed him my
newt, either.

The DJ complained to me a bit about having to use his own ipod and
playlist and interweave songs on the store's ipod, which was kind of
amusing.

I loved the i-pod, though, the way all those moving parts have been
replaced by trackpad-like sensitive areas. The backlight, too, is very
cool. One thing, though, about it confused me. The backlight function
is listed at the top level of the menu, but if it is dark how do you
know that backlight is highlighted before pushing the ipod's center
button to activate it? Why not do something a la Newt or even palm to
make the backlight easier to activate?

Christian Burk

On Saturday, May 3, 2003, at 07:16 AM, ben mccorkle wrote:

> all--
> wondering if anyone made it out to their local apple stores last night
> for
> the ipod kickoff shindiggy thing

I was there. I filled out the card to win the sound system, and then
ran away because the music was unbearably loud.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html