Re: [NTLK] Setting Up Newton With Appropriate Software

From: Darrell Greenwood (lists1_at_telus.net)
Date: Mon Mar 31 2003 - 22:05:12 PST

On 3/31/03 at 8:07 PM -0800, R Litke wrote the following :

>I have an iBook/366 (1 USB port connected to a 4-port
>station), with an Air Port card (and base station).
>Running OS 9.2.2

I have a iBook/300 with an Airport card, Snow (dual Ethernet) base
station and Orinoco Silver card in the Newton 2100.

Recommend Claris Organizer 2.0 (available on Unna), together with
Newton Connection Utilities (also on Unna). These work very well and
stably with wireless synching of Newton with all functions,
calendar/notes/todo/names.

Simple Mail is my mail app, somewhat tricky to set up, once set up,
stable and works well. Nethopper is browser, limited web sites.

Apple Base Station was tricky for me to set up as software
compatibility is not forward. This article sorts it out

Now using with Airport 2.0.4/firmware 4.0.8, but needed hard reset of
base station and a reload of software to get it to work. Now very
stable.

DHCP LAN server and WEP don't work together with Hiroshi's driver. It
would seem you can have one or the other. I chose WEP.

Cheers,

Darrell

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html